In this series of anecdotes, the owner of MERCURY ERRANDS, James, relates to you a few of the experiences that make MERCURY ERRANDS what it is…a business dedicated to serving its customers. Here we go: Enjoy!
The director of the Flathead County Animal Shelter in Kalispell, Montana called MERCURY ERRANDS at 9:30 am on a Friday, requesting that we deliver a small 20-pound box for him to Bozeman. He did not want to drive the distance to Bozeman, so he asked that MERCURY ERRANDS meet him in Butte at 1:00 pm to pick up the package and deliver it by 5:00 pm that day. The delivery destination was Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, the only accredited, full-service veterinary laboratory in Montana.
MERCURY ERRANDS adjusted its schedule to be able to accommodate this request. We left for Butte two hours after receiving the call. But — there were many delays before we were able to meet with the director. Read on!
- The director called us shortly after we had left for Butte, indicating that he would be 30 minutes later than planned to our pickup point.
- MERCURY ERRANDS arrived in Butte, but received another call from the director — this time stating that the summer traffic on his route was delaying his arrival.
- Then, another call came with the director saying that there was a detour on a freeway ramp.
- Then, as fate would have it when the director arrived in Butte, the exit from the freeway was closed.
- So after yet another call, the meeting place was changed, but…the director drove in the opposite direction than MERCURY ERRANDS did. A mix-up in communication.
Finally, when both parties were at the correct pickup point, the content of the mystery package was revealed. Packed in ice was a dead dog’s head!
The director wanted this particular dog’s head to be tested for rabies because a technician at his animal shelter had been severely bitten in the arm by this dog. Ironically, the bite occurred while inoculating the dog for rabies. Highly concerned the director had called us.
We took the box with the dead dog’s head and drove off, leaving Butte at 3:15 pm. We arrived at the diagnostic lab by 4:30 pm, a half-hour before closing. We fulfilled our mission. Dead dog head delivered.
The end of the story? The dog’s head tested negative. 🙂
Yes, with MERCURY ERRANDS, every delivery must go through! Call James at 406-600-9925. We get things done for you!